DESCRIPTION AND BACKGROUND
Built around 1890 as part of the original Kingthorpe Estate, East Kingthorpe house is an attractive late Victorian brick built property. Significantly renovated in the mid 1990's the property has an excellent range of nicely proportioned family accommodation with plenty of the original character still remaining. Situated on an elevated position some three miles to the north of Thornton-le-dale, the property has an uninterrupted view south and west across the Vale of Pickering and across towards the Vale of York. The land lies to the front of the property and in total sits in 3.46 acres-of which the majority is level pasture and grazing - encircled by park style fencing and hedging to all sides.
The well-presented accommodation in brief comprises; entrance porch, entrance hall with cloakroom. Dining room, sitting room and living room, large family room and breakfast kitchen. Also on the ground floor is a fourth double bedroom, currently used as a study with adjoining wet room. Upstairs are three double bedroom, two with en-suites and a further house bathroom with modern white suite. There is a lawned garden to the front and a sheltered courtyard garden to the rear – there is ample parking in theform of a large parking area and a double garage block. The property is Upvc double glazed throughout and has oil-fired central heating and solar panels which contribute to the central heating and water system.
East Kingthorpe House is situated on Kingthorpe Common, some two miles to the north of Thornton-le-dale. The Market Town of Pickering is approximately 6 miles distant and is an attractive and thriving town with a wide range of amenities including shops, public houses, restaurants and swimming pool. Further amenities are available in the market town of Malton 14 miles distant, the popular coastal town of Whitby is 16 miles distant and the Historic City of York is 32 miles distant.