Lot 1 - Meadowtown farmhouse and buildings set in 2.87ha (7.10ac)
Lot 2 - Farmland and buildings extending to 13.00ha (32.12ac)
For sale by Private Treaty
Roger Parry and Partners LLP are favoured with the kind instructions of Mr G. Morris to offer Meadowtown Farm, Meadowtown for sale. The sale of Meadowtown Farm provides an exciting opportunity to purchase an idyllic smallholding within Shropshire. For sale by private treaty as a whole or in two lots.
MEADOWTOWN FARMHOUSE AND BUILDINGS SET IN 2.87 HA (7.10 AC)
(coloured blue on the attached plan)
The Farmhouse is constructed of stone with original half timbering and part rendered elevations under a tiled roof and offers comfortable accommodation.
Adjacent to the farmhouse are a range of both modern and tradtional farm buildings:
• A brick and corrugated fibre cement roof former collecting yard, former dairy and milking parlour.
• General purpose block building with adjoining cow shed, part block and Yorkshire boarding
• A four bay steel and galvanised iron enclosed Dutch Barn
• A four bay, block , steel and galvanised iron lean-to cattle shed
• A two bay steel and galvanised iron storage building
• A bull pen
The Land - 2.59ha (6.42 ac) (shown shaded blue on the plan)
The land is all laid to permanent pasture and is of good heart benefiting from the provision of a mains and private water supply. The land encompasses the farmhouse and buildings.
FARMLAND AND BUILDINGS EXTENDING TO 13.00 HA (32.12 AC) (coloured red on the attached plan)
This lot provides an ideal opportunity to add additional land and buildings to lot 1 to provide a well equipped starter holding or the opportunity to acquire a secondary farmstead to compliment an established farm elsewhere. The agricultural land benefits from a private water supply. The property varies from flat meadowland to steeper grazing. The land includes approximately an acre of woodland and is accessed directly from the council maintained highway.
Adjoining the land is a range of modern buidlings:
• A steel, timber clad and galvanized iron roof cubicle house for approximately 80 cows.
• A Howard circular slurry store with capacity of approximately 178,000 gallons
• A reinforced concrete and steel silage clamp, 90 x 40ft
• A six bay portal framed building (utilized as a feed passage) 90 x 24ft
• A lean to cattle shed 90 x 35ft
• An additional lean to sheep shed, 90 x 30ft
• A six bay, steel portal framed cattle shed, 90 x 30ft
Viewing is strictly by appointment through Roger Parry & Partners LLP. Contact Minsterley (ref: JR) (01743) 791336 or Oswestry (ref: MM) (01691) 655 334.