06-08-2014 13:03 PM | France

“Exceptional Year” for Agriculture in French Region Île de France

This year seems to be atypical for agriculture in the French region Île-de-France. With no less than 11.9 million inhabitants, or 19% of the national population, one could easily think that agriculture holds a nearly non-existent place in the region.

Yet, the population in Île de France fills only 21% of the territory. The other 79% are divided between woods, forests (23%), farmland (50%) and others (6%).
Full Story : Epoch Times