02-05-2014 02:21 AM | Canada

Valley poultry barn fire ruled accidental

A fire that destroyed a large poultry barn in Waterville, Kings County, last weekend, killing thousands of chickens, has been ruled accidental.

The investigation has been concluded, provincial fire marshal Harold Pothier said Thursday.

“We suspect a faulty exhaust fan as the probable cause,” Pothier said in an interview.

It was an industrial exhaust fan used to control temperature in the barn.

About half the birds being raised in the barn, owned by Atlantic Poultry Inc., were killed in the blaze, he said.
Full Story : TheChronicleHerald.ca