Views sought on £1bn investment plans for Welsh rural communities
- policies that encourage diversification into non-agricultural activities (such as renewables) to offer alternative income streams to agricultural businesses
- knowledge transfer and the exchange of best practice
- key sectors such as farmers in upland areas and new entrants to farming
- substantial investment support underpinned by appropriate business planning
- a revised and more flexible Glastir scheme to include an organic farming conversion and maintenance scheme
- increased emphasis on woodland management and woodland creation
- promoting cutting edge technologies to support farming and food chains and the processing and marketing of agricultural and forestry products
- mitigation against adverse climactic events, plant and animal diseases
- tackling poverty by working to alleviate food and fuel poverty, address local environmental quality and promote sustainable economic growth
Nationalist lawmakers have teamed up with local ranchers to try to counter a bid involving Chinese buyers for the S. Kidman & Co. cattle empire, in what would be one of Australia’s biggest agribusines...
43 million gallons of milk have been dumped in fields across the country since the start of the year. That's why many American farmers have been forced to do with lower milk prices not bringing in...
If you’re just a little irked that gasoline prices have edged up recently, maybe this will cheer you up: Groceries are a bargain. Average supermarket prices fell 2.2% in September from a year ago, ...
If farmland property taxes are too high, don’t pay them. That’s what Dugald farmer Edgar Scheurer suggested while commenting on Facebook about Manitoba Co-operator stories on skyrocketing farmland ...