Views sought on £1bn investment plans for Welsh rural communities
- policies that encourage diversification into non-agricultural activities (such as renewables) to offer alternative income streams to agricultural businesses
- knowledge transfer and the exchange of best practice
- key sectors such as farmers in upland areas and new entrants to farming
- substantial investment support underpinned by appropriate business planning
- a revised and more flexible Glastir scheme to include an organic farming conversion and maintenance scheme
- increased emphasis on woodland management and woodland creation
- promoting cutting edge technologies to support farming and food chains and the processing and marketing of agricultural and forestry products
- mitigation against adverse climactic events, plant and animal diseases
- tackling poverty by working to alleviate food and fuel poverty, address local environmental quality and promote sustainable economic growth
No comments posted yet. Be the first to post a comment
The largest field study so far in to the group of pesticides called "neonicotinoids" has concluded that each acts differently on the brains of the bees. One of the chemicals widely considered as be...
Colleen Biggs and her husband, Dylan, own an award-winning livestock operation in Alberta. TK Ranch produces beef without antibiotics, drugs, added hormones, animal by-products and chemical insecticid...
In a bid to gain from Haryana's close proximity to the national capital, the state government has planned to use major chunks of agriculture land for horticulture in the state. The state governmen...
The trade agreement between the US and Europe, TTIP, will have negative effects on employment and the biggest losses in jobs will be in the agricultural and food producing sectors. This is one of ...
A rise in substance abuse and domestic violence in Golden Bay's rural community raises concerns over suicide as the dairy downturn continues to bite, mental health workers say. Community Mental Hea...