Luxury suites with panoramic views over beautiful countryside
Available for Bed and Breakfast or Self-Catering accommodation, situated along a quiet country lane, easily accessible from the B2068 (the old Roman Stone Street), in the Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with lovely nature walks and woodland all around.
Our accommodation comprises 3 Eco Barns
• Sunset Lodge – sleeps up to 6
• Apple Barn – sleeps up to 5
• Hazel Barn – sleeps up to 4
• And The Cottage suite – sleeps 2 plus sofa-bed (B&B only or ideal as extra accommodation for those self-catering in one of the Barns)
Rural but centrally located, being:
• 8 miles (13km) south of the Cathedral City of Canterbury
• 20 miles (31km) to Dover
• 7 miles (11.5km) to the Channel Tunnel terminal
• 16 miles (26km) to Ashford International Railway Station and the Designer Outlet
• 8 miles (13km) north of Folkestone
• Only 6 miles (10km) from Junction 11 of the M20
• 35 minutes to London on the High-Speed train from Ashford station
Our location is ideal for exploring some of Kent's prettiest villages, many historic buildings, places of interest, traditional seaside towns and beaches and of course the many tourist attractions the area has to offer.
We are an excellent base for walkers and cyclists, being near the North Downs Way and close to many signed walking and cycling routes. We can offer a free local pick-up and drop-off service for those without transport. We can also provide light suppers for walkers and cyclists if necessary.
Great Field Farm comprises forty-five acres (15 hectares) consisting of arable farmland, paddocks and pretty south facing gardens. The arable field has a nature strip around the perimeter where you are welcome to stroll, and where you are quite likely to see wildlife such as deer, hares, pheasants, badgers, foxes, many types of birds and butterflies.
• Enjoy glorious views across open countryside
• Hearty award-winning farmhouse breakfasts or generous continental breakfast provided in your own kitchen/diner using local organic produce according to season
• Spacious well-appointed suites of rooms Wheelchair access and walk-in showers
• Child friendly
• Family rooms
• British made Harrisons 3700 pocket sprung divan beds
• 250 metres from beautiful woods and nature reserve
• Local drop off/pickup for walkers
• Powered by solar PV, wind and ground source heat pumps
Our award-winning breakfasts are always a treat with our home produced seasonal organic fruits, jams and juices, served with a wide choice of cereals and yoghurts, followed by an "Everhot" cooked breakfast normally comprising local sausages, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, fried bread and eggs from our own hens, but we are only too happy to accommodate any special requests or diets.
As an alternative we also provide generous provisions for DIY continental breakfasts as our eco barns have well equipped kitchens/dining areas. These will typical consist of bread, preserves, butter, milk, juice, fruits, yoghurt, cereals and eggs. This can be a liberating experience for families, or for a relaxed start to a morning, perhaps on their own patio. (There’s usually enough for a late-night snack or elevenses too!).
Sunset Lodge has been a great favourite with single business guests wanting to work undisturbed, film crews (the feature film “Everyone’s Going To Die” used the Lodge and the farmhouse for location filming), and families who love the convenience of a home environment, with the upstairs snug that makes a brilliant playroom, with toys, books and a football table and two extra beds if required.
Our Eco Barns have been our “Grand Designs” incorporating many green sustainable features, being powered, as is Sunset Lodge, by our 50kW PV array and a ground source heat pump.
We find small guests love the Wendy house and toys we provide.
For guests in the Cottage, we have a Garden room, equipped with fridge, microwave and toaster, where lovely views of the garden and pond wildlife area, can be enjoyed.
Great Field Farm, Misling Lane, Stelling Minnis, Canterbury, Kent, CT4 6DE